(a) A child who has automatically acquired United States citizenship following a foreign adoption and who possesses a Certificate of Citizenship in accordance with the Child Citizenship Act, CAA, P.L. 106-395, shall be exempt from the provisions of Section 22-9A-11, which require a judicial report to acquire a Certificate of Foreign Birth.
(b) The State Registrar, upon written request, shall prepare a Certificate of Foreign Birth reflecting the actual date and place of birth for a child who was born in a foreign country, adopted by a United States citizen, and who has automatically acquired citizenship in accordance with the federal Child Citizenship Act upon the production of all of the following documents:
(1) The child's Certificate of Citizenship.
(2) A certified copy of the child's foreign birth certificate and certified English translation.
(3) The original documents related to the foreign adoption certified by the United States Embassy abroad and certified English translation.
(4) The Social Security card of the child.
(5) A valid government issued picture identification of parent or parents, such as a passport or driver's license.
(6) Proof of residency of the parent or parents in the State of Alabama.
(c) The State Registrar shall develop any necessary forms for adoptive parents to submit in order to request a Certificate of Foreign Birth.