(a) Fees to be paid to the Office of Vital Statistics are as follows:
(1) The fee for making any search of the records and reporting the findings or for making one certified copy of the record if found shall be fifteen dollars ($15). If the search is made in a local registration district, the local office shall be entitled to retain the portion of this fee as prescribed by the board.
(2) The fee for each additional copy of the same record ordered at the same time shall be six dollars ($6). If these copies are made in a local registration district, the local office shall retain the portion of these fees as prescribed by the board.
(3) The fee for issuing an authenticated or exemplified copy shall be twenty-five dollars ($25), and shall include the certification fee of the Secretary of State.
(4) The fee for the preparation of an amendment to an original vital record and issuing a certified copy at the time it is amended shall be twenty dollars ($20).
(5) The fee for preparation of a new birth certificate after a legitimation or adoption and issuing a certified copy at the time it is prepared shall be twenty-five dollars ($25).
(6) The fee for preparation of a delayed certificate and issuing a certified copy at the time it is prepared shall be twenty dollars ($20).
(7) The fee for forwarding the legal documents for an adoption granted in this state for a person born in another state, the District of Columbia, or a territory of the United States, shall be ten dollars ($10).
(8) An additional fee of fifteen dollars ($15) shall be added to the regular fee for non-routine, same day expedited service, and all special delivery mail that requires special attention.
(9) The State Registrar may prepare a special certificate of birth which shall be in a format that is suitable for framing or display. The fee for this special certificate of birth shall be forty-five dollars ($45), of which seventeen dollars ($17) shall be forwarded to the Children's Trust Fund.
(10) The State Registrar shall determine the cost, including, but not limited to, staff time, computer time, copying cost, and supplies, for processing any non-routine statistical or research project or any other non-routine service other than those described above.
(b) Applications for searches, copies, authentications, and reports shall be accompanied by the prescribed fee. Payments for special or presumptive searches, reports, and contract services may be postponed until the amount to be paid is determined.
(c) Fees collected under this section, except as provided for local registration offices and the Children's Trust Fund, shall be paid into the State Treasury to the credit of the State Board of Health and are appropriated to the board to carry out the purposes of this chapter; however, the expenditure of the sums so appropriated shall be budgeted and allotted pursuant to the Budget Management Act and Article 4 of Chapter 4 of Title 41.
(d) Notwithstanding any other provisions of this chapter, the board shall not charge a fee to any hospital in connection with this chapter.