(a) Whoever assumes the custody of a live-born infant of unknown parentage shall report on a form and in a manner prescribed by the State Registrar within five days to the Office of Vital Statistics all of the following information:
(1) The date and place of finding.
(2) Sex, race, and approximate birth date of the child.
(3) Name and address of the person or institution with whom the child has been placed for care.
(4) Name given to the child by the custodian of the child.
(5) Other data required by rules of the board.
(b) The place where the child was found shall be entered as the place of birth.
(c) A report registered under this section shall constitute the certificate of birth for the child.
(d) If the child is identified and a certificate of birth is found or obtained, the report registered under this section shall be placed in a special file and shall not be subject to inspection except upon an order of a court of competent jurisdiction.