(a) For the purpose of aiding and cooperating in the planning, undertaking, construction, or operation by housing authorities of housing projects located within the area in which it is authorized to act, any city, county, municipal corporation, district, or other subdivision or public body or agency of the state may, upon such terms, with or without consideration, as it may determine:
(1) Dedicate, release, sell, convey, or lease any of its interest in any property or grant easements, licenses, or any other rights or privileges therein to a housing authority or the United States of America or any agency thereof;
(2) Cause parks, playgrounds, recreational, community, educational, water, sewer, drainage facilities, or any other works which it is otherwise empowered to undertake to be furnished adjacent to or in connection with housing projects;
(3) Furnish, dedicate, close, pave, install, grade, regrade, plan, or replan streets, roads, roadways, alleys, sidewalks, or other places which it is otherwise empowered to undertake;
(4) Plan or replan, zone or rezone;
(5) Cause services to be furnished to the housing authority of the character which it is otherwise empowered to furnish;
(6) Enter into agreements with respect to the exercise by it of its powers relating to the repair, elimination, or closing of unsafe, unsanitary, or unfit dwellings;
(7) Do any and all things necessary or convenient to aid and cooperate in its planning, undertaking, construction, or operation of such housing projects;
(8) Incur the entire expense of any public improvements made by it in exercising the powers granted in this article; and
(9) Enter into agreements, which may extend over any period, notwithstanding any provision or rule of law to the contrary, with a housing authority respecting action to be taken pursuant to any of the powers granted by this article.
(b) Any law or statute to the contrary notwithstanding, any sale, conveyance, lease, or agreement provided for in this section may be made by a city, county, municipal corporation, district, or other subdivision or public body or agency of the state without appraisal, public notice, advertisement, or public bidding.