Section 24-1-76

Remedies conferrable upon obligees of authority by trust indenture, mortgage, etc.

Any authority shall have power by its trust indenture, mortgage, lease, or other contract to confer upon any obligee holding or representing, a specified amount in bonds, lease, or other obligations, the right upon the happening of an "event of default," as defined in such instrument:

(1) By civil action in any court of competent jurisdiction to obtain the appointment of a receiver of any housing project of the authority, or any part or parts thereof. If such receiver be appointed, he may enter and take possession of such housing project, or any part or parts thereof, and operate and maintain same, and collect and receive all fees, rents, revenues, or other charges thereafter arising therefrom in the same manner as the authority itself might do and shall keep such moneys in a separate account or accounts and apply the same in accordance with the obligations of the authority as the court shall direct.

(2) By civil action in any court of competent jurisdiction to require the authority and the housing commissioners thereof to account as if it and they were the trustees of an express trust.

(Code 1940, T. 25, §49.)