(a) The Legislature of the State of Alabama finds and declares that:
(1) Deceased unborn infants deserve the same respect and dignity as other human beings.
(2) The laws of this state do not ensure that deceased unborn infants receive proper burials or final disposition.
(3) Alabama does not specifically prohibit the sale or transfer of bodily remains of deceased unborn infants for compensation.
(4) The dignity and value of life, especially the lives of children, born or unborn, has been and continues to be a public policy and often sacred concern of the highest order for the people of this state.
(b) Based on the findings in subsection (a), the purposes of this chapter are to:
(1) Allow parents of deceased unborn infants to provide a dignified final disposition of the bodily remains of these infants.
(2) Prohibit the sale or other unlawful disposition of the bodily remains of a deceased unborn infant, or the exchange of any compensation or payment for the transfer or distribution of the bodily remains of a deceased unborn infant.