(a) Each surplus line broker shall, on or before the first day of March of each year, file with the commissioner a verified statement of all surplus line insurance transacted by him during the preceding calendar year.
(b) The statement shall be on forms as prescribed and furnished by the commissioner and shall show:
(1) Gross amount of each kind of insurance transacted;
(2) Aggregate gross premiums charged, exclusive of sums collected to cover state or federal taxes;
(3) Aggregate of returned premiums and taxes paid to insureds;
(4) Aggregate of net premiums; and
(5) Additional information as required by the commissioner.