No policy of disability insurance shall be delivered, or issued for delivery, to any person in this state unless it otherwise complies with this title and complies with the following:
(1) The entire money and other considerations therefor shall be expressed therein;
(2) The time when the insurance takes effect and terminates shall be expressed therein;
(3) It shall purport to insure only one person, except that a policy may insure, originally or by subsequent amendment, upon the application of an adult member of the family, who shall be deemed the policyholder, any two or more eligible members of that family, including husband, wife, dependent children, or any children under a specified age, and any other person dependent upon the policyholder;
(4) The style, arrangement, and overall appearance of the policy shall give no undue prominence to any portion of the text, and every printed portion of the text of the policy and of any endorsements or attached papers shall be plainly printed in lightfaced type of a style in general use, the size of which shall be uniform and not less than 10 point with a lower case unspaced alphabet length not less than 120 point; the "text" shall include all printed matter except the name and address of the insurer, name or title of the policy, the brief description, if any, and captions and subcaptions;
(5) The exceptions and reductions of indemnity shall be set forth in the policy and, other than those contained in Sections 27-19-4 through 27-19-26, shall be printed, at the insurer's option, either included with the benefit provision to which they apply or under an appropriate caption such as "Exceptions," or "Exceptions and Reductions;" except, that if an exception or reduction specifically applies only to a particular benefit of the policy, a statement of such exception or reduction shall be included with the benefit provision to which it applies;
(6) Each such form, including riders and endorsements, shall be identified by a form number in the lower left-hand corner of the first page thereof; and
(7) The policy shall contain no provision purporting to make any portion of the charter, rules, constitution, or bylaws of the insurer a part of the policy unless such portion is set forth in full in the policy, except in the case of the incorporation of, or reference to, a statement of rates or classification of risks or short-rate table filed with the commissioner.