For purposes of this article, the following terms shall have the meaning indicated herein:
(1) APPLICANT. Includes either of the following:
a. In the case of an individual Medicare supplement policy or subscriber contract, the person who seeks to contract for insurance benefits.
b. In the case of a group Medicare supplement policy or subscriber contract, the proposed certificate holder.
(2) CERTIFICATE. Any certificate issued under a group Medicare supplement policy, which policy has been delivered or issued for delivery in this state.
(3) CERTIFICATE FORM. The form on which the certificate is delivered or issued for delivery by the issuer.
(4) ISSUER. Insurance companies, fraternal benefit societies, health care service plans, health maintenance organizations, and any other entity delivering or issuing for delivery in this state Medicare supplement policies or certificates.
(5) MEDICARE. The "Health Insurance for the Aged Act," Title XVIII of the Social Security Amendments of 1965, as then constituted or later amended.
(6) MEDICARE SUPPLEMENT POLICY. A group or individual policy of disability insurance or a nonprofit hospital and medical plan contract or a subscriber contract of a health maintenance organization, other than a policy issued pursuant to a contract under Section 1876 of the federal Social Security Act (42 U.S.C. Section 1395, et seq.), or an issued policy under a demonstration project specified in 42 U.S.C. Section 1395ss (g)(1), which is advertised, marketed, or designed primarily as a supplement to reimbursements under Medicare for the hospital, medical, or surgical expenses of persons eligible for Medicare.
(7) POLICY FORM. The form on which the policy is delivered or issued for delivery by the issuer