(a) The commissioner shall issue reasonable regulations to establish minimum standards for benefits, claims payment, marketing practices, compensation arrangements, and reporting practices, for Medicare supplement policies and certificates.
For the purposes of this section, the term compensation arrangements shall not include payment methods, fee schedules, or other compensation arrangements between licensed health care providers and purchasers of health care services.
(b) The commissioner may, from time to time, adopt reasonable regulations as are necessary to conform Medicare supplement policies and certificates to the requirements of federal law and regulations promulgated thereunder, including, but not limited to, the following:
(1) Requiring refunds or credits if the policies or certificates do not meet loss ratio requirements.
(2) Establishing a uniform methodology for calculating and reporting loss ratios.
(3) Assuring public access to policies, premiums, and loss ratio information of issuers of Medicare supplement insurance.
(4) Establishing a process for approving or disapproving policy forms and certificate forms and proposed premium increases.
(5) Establishing a policy for holding public hearings prior to approval of premium increases.
(6) Establishing standards for Medicare Select policies and certificates.