As early as consistent with full and accurate preparation, the commissioner shall annually make a report to the Governor of his official transactions during the preceding calendar year. He shall include in the report:
(1) A statement of the receipts and expenditures of the department for the preceding year;
(2) An exhibit of the financial condition and business transactions during the preceding year of insurers authorized to transact business in this state, as disclosed by the financial statements of the insurers filed with the commissioner;
(3) Names of insurers whose business was closed during the year, the cause thereof, and amount of assets and liabilities as ascertainable;
(4) Names of insurers against whom delinquency or similar proceedings were instituted and a concise statement of the circumstances and results of each such proceeding;
(5) His recommendations as to amendments or supplementation of laws affecting insurance;
(6) His recommendations concerning the condition, operation, and functioning of the department; and
(7) Such other pertinent information and matters as he deems to be in the public interest.