Any insurer authorized to write disability insurance in this state shall have the power to issue blanket disability insurance. No such blanket policy may be issued or delivered in this state unless a copy of the form thereof shall have been filed in accordance with Section 27-14-8. Every such blanket policy shall contain provisions which, in the opinion of the commissioner, are at least as favorable to the policyholder and the individual insured as the following:
(1) A provision that the policy, including endorsements and a copy of the application, if any, of the policyholder and the persons insured shall constitute the entire contract between the parties, and that any statement made by the policyholder or by a person insured shall, in absence of fraud, be deemed a representation and not a warranty and that no such statements shall be used in defense to a claim under the policy unless contained in a written application. Such person, his beneficiary or assignee shall have the right to make written request to the insurer for a copy of such application, and the insurer shall, within 15 days after the receipt of such request at its home office or any branch office of the insurer, deliver or mail to the person making such request a copy of such application. If such copy shall not be so delivered or mailed, the insurer shall be precluded from introducing such application as evidence in any action based upon, or involving, any statements contained therein;
(2) A provision that written notice of sickness or of injury must be given to the insurer within 20 days after the date when such sickness or injury occurred. Failure to give notice within such time shall not invalidate nor reduce any claim if it shall be shown not to have been reasonably possible to give such notice and that notice was given as soon as was reasonably possible;
(3) A provision that the insurer will furnish to the policyholder such forms as are usually furnished by it for filing proof of loss. If such forms are not furnished before the expiration of 15 days after the giving of such notice, the claimant shall be deemed to have complied with the requirements of the policy as to proof of loss upon submitting within the time fixed in the policy for filing proof of loss, written proof covering the occurrence, character, and extent of the loss for which claim is made;
(4) A provision that in the case of claim for loss of time for disability, written proof of such loss must be furnished to the insurer within 30 days after the commencement of the period for which the insurer is liable, that subsequent written proofs of the continuance of such disability must be furnished to the insurer at such intervals as the insurer may reasonably require and that, in the case of claim for any other loss, written proof of such loss must be furnished to the insurer within 90 days after the date of such loss. Failure to furnish such proof within such time shall not invalidate nor reduce any claim if it shall be shown not to have been reasonably possible to furnish such proof and that such proof was furnished as soon as was reasonably possible;
(5) A provision that all benefits payable under the policy other than benefits for loss of time will be payable immediately upon receipt of due written proof of such loss, that, subject to due proof of loss, all accrued benefits payable under the policy for loss of time will be paid not later than at the expiration of each period of 30 days during the continuance of the period for which the insurer is liable and that any balance remaining unpaid at the termination of such period will be paid immediately upon receipt of such proof;
(6) A provision that the insurer, at its own expense, shall have the right and opportunity to examine the person of the insured when and so often as it may reasonably require during the pendency of claim under the policy and also the right and opportunity to make any autopsy in case of death where it is not prohibited by law; and
(7) A provision that no action shall be brought to recover under the policy prior to the expiration of 60 days after written proof of loss has been furnished in accordance with the requirements of the policy and that no such action shall be brought after the expiration of three years after the time written proof of loss is required to be furnished.