A purchasing group and its insurer or insurers shall be subject to all applicable laws of this state, except that a purchasing group and its insurer or insurers shall be exempt, in regard to casualty insurance for the purchasing group, from any law that would do any of the following:
(1) Prohibit the establishment of a purchasing group.
(2) Make it unlawful for an insurer to provide or offer to provide insurance on a basis providing, to a purchasing group or its members, advantages based on their loss and expense experience not afforded to other persons with respect to rates, policy forms, coverages, or other matters.
(3) Prohibit a purchasing group or its members from purchasing insurance on a group basis described in subdivision (2) of this section.
(4) Prohibit a purchasing group from obtaining insurance on a group basis because the group has not been in existence for a minimum period of time or because any member has not belonged to the group for a minimum period of time.
(5) Require that a purchasing group must have a minimum number of members, common ownership or affiliation, or certain legal form.
(6) Require that a certain percentage of a purchasing group must obtain insurance on a group basis.
(7) Otherwise discriminate against a purchasing group or any of its members.
(8) Require that any insurance policy issued to a purchasing group or any of its members be countersigned by an insurance agent or broker residing in this state.