(a) No contingent and unliquidated claim shall share in a distribution of the assets of an insurer which has been adjudicated to be insolvent by an order made pursuant to this chapter; except, that such claim shall be considered, if properly presented, and may be allowed to share where:
(1) Such claim becomes absolute against the insurer on or before the last day for filing claims against the assets of such insurer; or
(2) There is a surplus and the liquidation is thereafter conducted upon the basis that such insurer is solvent.
(b) Where an insurer has been so adjudicated to be insolvent, any person who has a cause of action against an insured of such insurer under a liability insurance policy issued by such insurer shall have the right to file a claim in the liquidation proceeding, regardless of the fact that such claim may be contingent, and such claim may be allowed:
(1) If it may be reasonably inferred from the proof presented upon such claim that such person would be able to obtain a judgment upon such cause of action against such insured;
(2) If such person shall furnish suitable proof, unless the court for good cause shown shall otherwise direct, that no further valid claim against such insurer arising out of his cause of action other than those already presented can be made; and
(3) If the total liability of such insurer to all claimants arising out of the same act of its insured shall be no greater than its maximum liability would be were it not in liquidation.
(c) No judgment against such an insured taken after the date of entry of the liquidation order shall be considered in the liquidation proceedings as evidence of liability or of the amount of damages, and no judgment against an insured taken by default or by collusion prior to the entry of the liquidation order shall be considered as conclusive evidence in the liquidation proceedings, either of the liability of such insured to such person upon such cause of action or of the amount of damages to which such person is therein entitled.
(d) No claim of any secured claimant shall be allowed at a sum greater than the difference between the value of the claim without security and the value of the security itself as of the date of the entry of the order of liquidation or such other date set by the court for determining rights and liabilities as provided in Section 27-32-26 unless the claimant shall surrender his security to the commissioner, in which event the claim shall be allowed in the full amount for which it is valued.