The purposes of this chapter are to:
(1) Promote the delivery of quality health care in a cost-effective manner.
(2) Assure that utilization review agents adhere to reasonable standards for conducting utilization review.
(3) Foster greater coordination and cooperation between health care providers and utilization review agents.
(4) Improve communications and knowledge of benefit plan requirements among all parties concerned before expenses are incurred.
(5) Ensure that utilization review agents maintain the confidentiality of medical records in accordance with applicable laws.