For the purposes of this chapter, the following words and phrases shall have the following meanings:
(1) INSURANCE PREMIUM FINANCE COMPANY. A person engaged in the business of entering into premium finance agreements.
(2) PREMIUM FINANCE AGREEMENT. An agreement by which an insured or prospective insured promises to pay to a premium finance company the amount advanced or to be advanced under the agreement to an insurer or to an insurance agent or broker in payment of premiums on an insurance contract together with a service charge, as authorized and limited by this chapter, and charges for wind mitigation construction financing, as approved by the commissioner.
(3) LICENSEE. A premium finance company holding a license issued under this chapter.
(4) PERSON. An individual, partnership, association, business corporation, nonprofit corporation, common law trust, joint-stock company, or any other group of individuals however organized.
(5) INSURANCE CONTRACT. The policy or contract of insurance which is the subject of premium financing under this chapter.
(6) WIND MITIGATION CONSTRUCTION FINANCING. A construction loan agreement between the homeowner/policyholder under the policy or contract of homeowner insurance that is the subject of premium financing under this chapter, and an authorized lender for the purpose of wind mitigation upgrades to the insured home.