The provisions of this chapter shall not apply with respect to any of the following:
(1) Any insurance company licensed to do business in this state.
(2) Any banking or other financial institution regulated by the state, or savings and loan association, or credit union authorized to do business in this state, or any national banking institution or federal savings and loan association incorporated under the laws of the United States and located within this state.
(3) A charge for insurance in connection with an installment sale of a motor vehicle or boat or mobile home.
(4) The financing of insurance premiums in this state in accordance with the provisions of this title relating to rates of insurance.
(5) Any insurance agent or agency licensed in Alabama that charges a collection fee on unpaid balances for insurance premiums under Section 27-12-17 or under the Alabama Consumer Credit Act.