This chapter shall apply to all kinds of direct insurance, excluding all of the following:
(1) Life, annuity, health, or disability insurance.
(2) Mortgage guaranty, financial guaranty, or other forms of insurance offering protection against investment risks.
(3) Fidelity or surety bonds, or any other bonding obligations.
(4) Credit insurance, vendors' single interest insurance, or collateral protection insurance or any similar insurance protecting the interests of a creditor arising out of a creditor-debtor transaction.
(5) Insurance of warranties or service contracts, including insurance that provides for the repair, replacement, or service of goods or property, or indemnification for repair, replacement, or service, for the operational or structural failure of the goods or property due to a defect in materials, workmanship, or normal wear and tear, or provides reimbursement for the liability incurred by the issuer of agreements or service contracts that provide such benefits.
(6) Title insurance.
(7) Ocean marine insurance.
(8) Any insurance provided by or guaranteed by the government.