(a) Nothing in this chapter is intended or shall be construed to do any of the following:
(1) Be in conflict with existing relevant federal law.
(2) Apply to any specialty drug.
(3) Impact the ability of a hospital to mandate its employees use of a hospital-owned pharmacy.
(b) The following provisions shall not apply to the administration by a person of any term, including prescription drug benefits, of a self-funded health benefit plan that is governed by the federal Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974, 29 U.S.C. §1001 et. seq.:
(1) Subdivisions (1) and (5) of Section 27-45A-8.
(2) Subdivisions (2), (3), (6), and (7) of Section 27-45A-10.