An insurance policy, plan, or contract providing for third-party payment or prepayment of health or medical expenses shall not do any of the following:
(1) Impose a practice restriction for optometrists which is inconsistent with or more restrictive than provided by law.
(2) Discriminate between classes of eye care providers with respect to any covered service which falls within the scope of the eye care provider's license.
(3) Require an eye care provider to hold hospital privileges as a condition of participation in or receiving payment from the policy, plan, or contract.
(4) Impose any restriction not required by law based on the eye care provider's professional degree.
(5) Discriminate between eye care providers in connection with the amount of reimbursement for the provision of the same services.
(6) Require an eye care provider to purchase or maintain a minimum quantity or minimum dollar amount of a specified brand of ophthalmic materials as a condition of participation in or receiving payments from a policy, plan, or contract.