In the conduct of business in this state, each independent adjuster, apprentice adjuster, and emergency independent adjuster shall:
(1) Be honest and fair in all communications with the insured, the insurer, and the public.
(2) Give policyholders and claimants prompt, knowledgeable service, and courteous, fair, and objective treatment at all times.
(3) Not give legal advice or engage in activities which are the unauthorized practice of law, and not deal directly with any policyholder or claimant who is represented by legal counsel without the consent of the legal counsel involved.
(4) Comply with all local, state, and federal privacy and information security laws, if applicable.
(5) Identify himself or herself as an independent adjuster and, if applicable, identify his or her employer when dealing with any policyholder or claimant.
(6) Not have any financial interest in any adjustment or acquire any interest or title in salvage without first receiving written authority from the principal.
(7) Comply with Chapter 12 of this title and any regulations implementing that chapter.