For purposes of this chapter, the following terms shall have the meanings respectively ascribed to them by this section:
(1) APPRENTICE INDEPENDENT ADJUSTER. As defined in Section 27-9A-11.
(2) BUSINESS ENTITY. A corporation, association, partnership, limited liability company, limited liability partnership, or other legal entity.
(3) COMMISSIONER. The Alabama Commissioner of Insurance.
(4) HOME STATE. The District of Columbia and any state or territory of the United States in which an independent adjuster maintains the principal place of residence or business of the adjuster and in which the adjuster is licensed to act as a resident independent adjuster. In the case of a resident of a Canadian province, or if the resident state or territory does not license independent adjusters for the line of authority sought, the home state of the independent adjuster shall be any state in which the independent adjuster is licensed and in good standing, as designated by the adjuster.
(5) INDEPENDENT ADJUSTER. As defined in Section 27-9A-3.
(6) INDIVIDUAL. A natural person.
(7) INSURER. As defined in Section 27-1-2.
(8) NAIC. The National Association of Insurance Commissioners, its subsidiaries and affiliates, and any successor thereof.
(9) PERSON. An individual or business entity.
(10) STATE OF EMERGENCY. An event for which the existence of a state of emergency has been declared by the Governor or the Legislature under Section 31-9-8.
(11) UNIFORM INDIVIDUAL APPLICATION. The versions of the NAIC Uniform Individual Application for a license and for renewal or continuation of a license current as of the time of use.
(12) UNIFORM BUSINESS ENTITY APPLICATION. The versions of the NAIC Uniform Business Entity Application for a license and for renewal or continuation of a license current as of the time of use.