The board shall issue an annual report to the Governor, the Legislature, and the Attorney General concerning compliance by state retail merchants with this chapter. The report shall contain all of the following:
(1) The total number of retail distributors of tobacco, tobacco products, electronic nicotine delivery systems, and alternative nicotine products categorized by type of retail outlet.
(2) The number of citations reported to the board, categorized by type of retail outlet.
(3) The total number of successful compliance checks, categorized by type of retail outlet.
(4) The extent and nature of organized educational and government activities intended to promote, encourage, or otherwise secure compliance with state and federal laws prohibiting the sale or distribution of tobacco products to minors.
(5) Information as to the level of access and availability of tobacco products to minors.
(6) Noted impediments to implementation of this chapter, as well as recommendations for alleviating the same.