(a) If the majority of the voters in any county approve the sale and distribution of alcoholic beverages under this article as provided in Section 28-2-21, the sale of alcoholic beverages in such county shall be governed by the following conditions:
(1) Within 90 days after the affirmative vote of the voters of a county, each governing body of any incorporated municipality within such county may vote to exclude the sale of alcoholic beverages within its limits as provided for in this article. If the governing body does not take such action 90 days after the affirmative election, the provisions of this article shall apply for a period of 10 years, after which the municipality shall again have 90 days to exclude said municipality. Should a municipality choose to exclude the application of this article from its limits, it may, by its own action, include the municipality under the provisions of this article at any subsequent time for a period of 10 years and, after said 10-year period, shall have 90 days to continue or discontinue its applicability. A municipality may, within the 90-day period, submit the decision on the applicability of this article to its voters by a special election, said election being binding on the governing body.
(2) The governing body of any county which has adopted the special method as provided in Section 28-2-21 may from time to time vote to exclude the sale of alcoholic beverages within all or any part of its unincorporated areas, but if a municipality annexes any unincorporated area, that area shall be subject to the rules of the municipality with regard to the sale and distribution of alcoholic beverages.
(3) Only nonrefrigerated malt beverages may be sold in any area in the county.
(4) Spirituous or vinous liquors may only be sold at stores operated by the Alabama Alcoholic Beverage Control Board.
(5) Possession of alcoholic beverages in any area in a county where their sale has not been legalized is prohibited.
(6) The consumption of alcoholic beverages on the premises where sold or in any public place is prohibited.
(b) Any person who violates any provision of this section shall be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor.