(a) Subject to the provisions of this chapter and regulations promulgated thereunder, the board is authorized and empowered to issue and renew licenses to reputable and responsible persons for the following purposes:
(1) To manufacture, brew, distill, ferment, rectify, bottle or compound any or all alcoholic beverages within or for sale within this state.
(2) To import any or all alcoholic beverages manufactured outside the United States of America into this state or for sale or distribution within this state.
(3) To distribute, wholesale or act as jobber for the sale of alcoholic liquor.
(4) To distribute, wholesale or act as jobber for the sale of table wine and beer or either of them, to licensed retailers within the state and others within this state lawfully authorized to sell table wine or beer.
(5) To store or warehouse any or all alcoholic beverages for transshipment inside and outside the state.
(6) To sell and dispense at retail in a lounge, liquor and other alcoholic beverages.
(7) To sell and dispense at retail in an establishment habitually and principally used for the purpose of providing meals for the public, liquor and other alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption.
(8) To sell liquor and wine at retail for off-premises consumption.
(9) To sell and dispense at retail in a club, liquor and other alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption.
(10) To sell table wine at retail for off-premises consumption.
(11) To sell table wine at retail for on-premises and off-premises consumption.
(12) To sell beer at retail for on-premises and off-premises consumption.
(13) To sell beer at retail for off-premises consumption.
(14) To sell liquor and other alcoholic beverages at retail by retail common carrier with a passenger capacity of at least 10 people.
(15) To sell any or all alcoholic beverages at retail under special license issued conditioned upon terms and conditions and for the period of time prescribed by the board.
(16) To sell any or all alcoholic beverages at retail under a special event retail license issued for three days upon the terms and conditions prescribed by the board.
Provided, however, that such licenses may not be issued in dry counties where traffic in alcoholic beverages is not authorized by law therein. Provided the restriction of this paragraph shall not apply to the issuance of a renewal of a license under subdivisions (1), (2), (3), (4), and (5) where the county or municipality was wet when the initial license was issued and the county or municipality subsequently votes dry; however, no importer or wholesaler licensee may sell or distribute alcoholic beverages within a dry county (except in a wet municipality therein) or within a dry municipality.
(b) The board is granted discretionary powers in acting upon license applications under the provisions of this chapter.
(c) Licenses issued under this chapter shall, unless revoked or suspended in the manner provided in this chapter, be valid for the license year which shall begin on the first day of October of each year, unless otherwise established by this chapter or by the board. Licenses may be issued at any time during the year.