When used in this article, the following terms have the following meanings, respectively, unless the context clearly indicates a different meaning:
(1) CRIMINAL HISTORY INFORMATION. Information collected and stored in the criminal record repository of the Department of Public Safety reflecting the result of an arrest, detention, or initiation of a criminal proceeding by criminal justice agencies, including, but not limited to, arrest record information, fingerprint cards, correctional induction and release information, identifiable descriptions and notations of arrests, detentions, indictments, or other formal charges. The term shall not include analytical records or investigative reports that contain criminal intelligence information or criminal investigation information.
(2) CRIMINAL JUSTICE AGENCY. Any municipal, county, state, or federal agency whose personnel have power of arrest and who perform a law enforcement function. This definition shall also include the Attorney General of the State of Alabama, all federal and state prosecuting attorneys, and all municipal, state, and federal judges.
(3) DEPARTMENT. The Department of Public Safety.
(4) DIRECTOR. The Director of the Department of Public Safety.
(5) PERSON. Any individual, partnership, corporation, association, business, government, governmental subdivision or agency, or any other public or private entity.