(a) Nothing in this chapter shall be construed as preventing or restricting any of the following persons from engaging in the profession or occupation for which they are licensed, certified, or registered in Alabama as follows:
(1) Physicians and surgeons licensed by the Medical Licensure Commission of Alabama.
(2) Dentists licensed by the State Board of Dental Examiners.
(3) Optometrists licensed by the State Board of Optometry.
(4) Nurses licensed by the Alabama Board of Nursing.
(5) Chiropractors licensed by the State Board of Chiropractic Examiners.
(6) Podiatrists licensed by the State Board of Podiatry.
(7) Physical therapists licensed by the State Board of Physical Therapy.
(8) Occupational therapists licensed by the State Board of Occupational Therapy.
(9) Emergency medical technicians licensed by the State Department of Public Health.
(b) This chapter shall not apply to the following persons:
(1) Coaches and physical education instructors in the performance of their duties.
(2) Apprentice athletic trainers who confine themselves to the duties prescribed in this chapter.
(3) Athletic trainers from other nations, states, or territories performing their duties for their respective teams or organizations and only during the course of their team's or organization's stay in this state.
(4) A person who performs any of the services set forth in this chapter as long as the person does not violate this chapter.