(a) If a secured creditor has not submitted for recording a satisfaction of a security instrument within the time set forth in Section 35-10-92 after full and complete payment of all indebtedness secured by the security instrument, a satisfaction agent acting for and with authority from the mortgagors may give the secured creditor a notification that the satisfaction agent intends to submit for recording an affidavit of satisfaction of the security instrument. The notification must include all of the following:
(1) The identity and mailing address of the satisfaction agent.
(2) Identification of the security instrument for which a recorded satisfaction is sought, including the names of the original parties to, and the recording data for, the security instrument.
(3) A statement that the satisfaction agent has determined all of the following:
a. That the real property described in the security instrument is residential real property or, at the time the security interest was made, was residential real property.
b. That the person to which the notification is being given is the secured creditor.
c. That the secured creditor has received full payment and performance of the secured obligation.
(4) A statement that a satisfaction of the security instrument does not appear of record in the chain of title.
(5) A statement that the satisfaction agent, acting with the authorization of the mortgagors of the real property described in the security instrument, intends to sign and submit for recording an affidavit of satisfaction of the security instrument unless, within 30 days after receipt of the notification by the secured creditor, any of the following occurs:
a. The secured creditor submits a satisfaction of the security instrument for recording.
b. The satisfaction agent receives from the secured creditor a notification stating that the secured obligation remains unsatisfied.
c. The satisfaction agent receives from the secured creditor a notification stating that the secured creditor has assigned the security instrument or otherwise does not claim an interest in the security instrument. In this event, the satisfaction agent will use all reasonable efforts to determine the name and address of, and notify, the secured creditor then owning the securing instrument.
(b) A notification to the secured creditor under subsection (a) must be sent by a method that provides proof of receipt by the secured creditor for giving a notification for the purpose of requesting a payoff statement or, if the satisfaction agent cannot ascertain that address, to the secured creditor's address for notification for any other purpose.