Section 35-6-21


During the pendency of any civil action for partition, any person claiming to be interested in the premises to be assigned or aparted may appear and answer the complaint, and assert his or her rights, by way of interpleader; and the court shall decide upon the rights of all persons appearing as aforesaid, as though they had been made parties in the first instance.

(Code 1923, §9332; Code 1940, T. 47, §187.)