Section 35-6-41

Partition of land lying partly in different counties.

When partition is sought of a tract of land lying partly in different counties, the application may be made to the probate court of either county, and the partition shall be made at the courthouse of the county of the judge of such court; and when made, the judge of such court shall, on demand and payment of lawful fees therefor, furnish to each party in interest a certificate, under his official seal, of the lots or parcels allotted to him, and the book and page where the proceedings are recorded; and the record of such certificate in the proper office of the county in which such lots or parcels, or any part thereof, lie, shall operate as notice of its contents.

(Code 1876, §§3499, 3500; Code 1886, §3238; Code 1896, §3162; Code 1907, §5204; Code 1923, §9304; Code 1940, T. 47, §193.)