To become a corporation, any nine citizens selected pursuant to Section 4-2A-2 shall present to the Secretary of State an application signed by them which shall set forth:
(1) The name and residence of each of the applicants, together with a certified copy of all documents evidencing each applicant's selection pursuant to Section 4-2A-2;
(2) The name of the proposed corporation, which shall be the "Alabama International Airport Authority";
(3) The location of the principal office of the proposed corporation;
(4) The purposes of the proposed corporation, which shall be, among others, to plan, acquire, construct, develop, improve, equip, own, operate, administer, and manage any and all types of airports, airport buildings, airport facilities, air navigation facilities, heliports, and other facilities and air or other transportation services in, to, and from the state, to make available the benefits thereof in the widest economic manner, thereby promoting the general welfare and increasing commerce and prosperity, to promote the public welfare and national security, to serve public interest, convenience, and necessity, to promote air navigation and transportation, international, national, state, and local, in and through this state, to promote the efficient, safe, and economical handling of air commerce, to assure the inclusion of this state in national and international programs of air transportation, to develop the full potentialities of the state as an aviation center and to carry out the duties and powers imposed upon or vested in the authority by this chapter; and
(5) Any other matter relating to the incorporation which the applicants may choose to insert and which is not inconsistent with this chapter.
The application shall be subscribed and sworn to by each of the applicants before an officer authorized to take acknowledgments to deeds. The Secretary of State shall examine the application and if he finds that it substantially complies with the requirements of this section, he shall receive, file, and record it in an appropriate book of records in his office.