When used in this article, unless the context plainly indicates otherwise, the present tense shall include the future tense, the singular shall include the plural, the plural shall include the singular and the following words and phrases shall have the meanings respectively ascribed to them by this section:
(1) AIRCRAFT. Any contrivance now known or hereafter invented, used or designed for navigation of or flight in the air, except a parachute or other contrivance designed for use primarily as safety equipment.
(2) AIRPORT. Any area of land or water which is used, or intended for use, for the landing, taking-off, storage, parking or dispersal of aircraft, and any appurtenant areas which are used, or intended for use, for airport buildings, facilities or rights-of-way, together with all airport buildings, structures and facilities located thereon.
(3) AIRPORT BUILDING. Any building used or to be used in connection with the construction, enlargement, development, maintenance or operation of an airport or heliport or in connection with the exercise of any power of the authority.
(4) AIRPORT FACILITY. Any building, structure, land, right-of-way, equipment or instrumentality used or to be used in connection with the construction, enlargement, development, maintenance or operation of an airport or heliport or in connection with the exercise of any power of the authority.
(5) AIR NAVIGATION FACILITY. Any facility used in, available for use in, or designed for use, in aid of air navigation, including any structures, mechanisms, lights, beacons, markers, communicating systems or other instrumentalities or devices used or useful as an aid or constituting an advantage or convenience to the safe taking-off, navigation and landing of aircraft, or the safe and efficient operation or maintenance of an airport, and any combination of any or all of such facilities.
(6) AUTHORITY. A public corporation organized pursuant to the provisions of this article.
(7) AUTHORIZING SUBDIVISION. Any county, city or town in this state whose governing body receives an application for permission to organize an authority.
(8) BOARD. The board of directors of the authority.
(9) BOND. Any bond authorized to be issued pursuant to the provisions of this article.
(10) COUPON. Any interest coupon evidencing an installment of interest payable with respect to a bond.
(11) DIRECTOR. A member of the board of directors of the authority.
(12) HELIPORT. An airport designed primarily for use by helicopters.
(13) INDENTURE. A mortgage, an indenture of mortgage, deed of trust, trust agreement or trust indenture executed by the authority as security for bonds.
(14) STATE. The State of Alabama.