Section 40-10-128

Deposit of redemption money - Generally.

If the lands redeemed were bid in by any person other than the state, the redemption money must be deposited by the judge of probate in the county treasury and there kept separate and apart from the general funds of the county, and the judge of probate shall notify the purchaser of such deposit by mailing notice to the residence or place of business of such purchaser, or to such address as the purchaser may furnish the judge of probate at the time he secures his certificate of purchase; and, upon the demand of the purchaser, his legal representative or assignee and the surrender of the certificate of purchase, the judge of probate must give him an order on the treasury for the same.

(Acts 1935, No. 194, p. 256; Code 1940, T. 51, §311.)