For purposes of this article, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
(1) TAX COLLECTING OFFICIAL. The elected or appointed person responsible for collecting ad valorem taxes in a county.
(2) TAX LIEN. The perpetual first priority lien provided by Section 40-1-3 against any parcel of real property representing taxes assessed and levied against the property, together with interest, penalties, fees, and costs applicable by law to the taxes.
(3) TAX LIEN AUCTION. The public sale of all tax liens advertised under Section 40-10-182 and held no earlier than March 1 or later than June 15 of the current ad valorem tax year where the awarding of the tax lien certificate is based on the lowest interest rate bid on a tax lien.
(4) TAX LIEN SALE. The sale of an unsold tax lien by private sale between a tax collecting official and the purchaser of a tax lien under Section 40-10-199.
(5) UNIFORM PARCEL NUMBER. The unique parcel identification number assigned to the parcel of property for ad valorem tax purposes based on the tax lien date of the current tax year.