An administrator may be removed, and his letters revoked for his removal from the state; and an administrator or executor may be removed and his letters revoked for any of the following causes:
(1) Imbecility of mind; intemperance; continued sickness, rendering him incapable of the discharge of his duties; or when from his conduct or character there is reason to believe that he is not a suitable person to have the charge and control of the estate.
(2) Failure to make and return inventories or accounts of sale; failure to make settlements as required by law; or the failure to do any act as such executor or administrator, when lawfully required by the judge of probate.
(3) The wasting, embezzlement or any other maladministration of the estate.
(4) The using of any of the funds of the estate for his own benefit.
(5) A sentence of imprisonment in the penitentiary, county jail or for hard labor for the county for a term of 12 months or more.