As used in this part, the following words and phrases shall have the following meanings:
(1) ASSOCIATION. The Coosa County Association of Volunteer Fire Departments.
(2) AUTHORIZING AMENDMENT. Amendment No. 724 of the Constitution of Alabama of 1901, as amended, proposed by Act No. 2002-144 enacted at the 2002 Regular Session of the Legislature and ratified in the 2002 General Election.
(3) BUSINESS. A commercial or industrial establishment such as a store or factory, including any endeavor engaged in the buying or selling of commodities or services or involving a trade or the patronage of customers.
(4) CODE. The Code of Alabama 1975, as amended.
(5) COMMISSION. The Coosa County Commission or other governing body of the county.
(6) COUNTY. Coosa County.
(7) DEPARTMENT. Any volunteer fire department with which the Coosa County Association of Volunteer Fire Departments may enter into agreements with respect to providing fire protection, fire prevention, and related services and facilities within the county.
(8) DISTRICT. A fire fighting district established by the Coosa County Association of Volunteer Fire Departments.
(9) DWELLING. Any occupied or unoccupied building, structure, or other improvement to real property used or expected to be used as a dwelling for one or more persons, including, specifically, but not limited to, the following:
a. Any building, structure, or improvement assessed for purposes of state and county ad valorem taxation as single family owner-occupied residential property.
b. Any other residential building with each residential unit considered a separate dwelling.
c. Any mobile home, house trailer, or unit of manufactured housing.
(10) FIRE PROTECTION FEE. A fee for fire protection and emergency medical services levied by the commission pursuant to the authorizing amendment and this part.
(11) JUDGE OF PROBATE. The Judge of Probate of Coosa County.
(12) MUNICIPALITY. An incorporated city or town.
(13) OWNER. A person owning one or more dwellings or businesses.
(14) REVENUE COMMISSIONER. The Revenue Commissioner of Coosa County.
(15) STATE. The State of Alabama.