As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
(1) CHECK. A debit authorization or a check signed by the maker and made payable to a person licensed under this chapter.
(2) CONTINUOUS TRANSACTION. To extend a deferred presentment transaction with the same account without redemption in full with cash or guaranteed funds.
(3) DEFERRED PRESENTMENT SERVICES. A transaction pursuant to a written agreement involving the following combination of activities in exchange for a fee:
a. Accepting a check or authorization to debit a checking account and, in connection with that acceptance, advancing funds to the checking account holder.
b. Holding the check or authorization to debit checking account for a period of time prior to payment or deposit.
(4) DEPARTMENT. The State Banking Department.
(5) LICENSEE. A person licensed to provide deferred presentment services pursuant to this chapter.
(6) PERSON. An individual, group of individuals, partnership, association, corporation, or any other business unit or legal entity.
(7) ROLLOVER. Any deferred presentment transaction where the transaction is not paid in full and the licensee agrees to allow the customer to pay the fee only for a new deferred presentment transaction.
(8) SUPERVISOR. The Supervisor of the Bureau of Loans or his or her designee.