(1) In order to ensure the effective supervision and enforcement of this chapter the supervisor may:
(a) Deny, suspend, revoke, condition, or decline to renew a license for a violation of this chapter, rules or regulations issued under this chapter or order or directive entered under this chapter, or for failure to comply with any other state or federal law, including the rules and regulations thereunder, applicable to any business authorized or conducted under this act.
(b) Deny, suspend, revoke, condition, or decline to renew a license if an applicant or licensee fails at any time to meet the requirements of Section 5-26-6 or Section 5-26-9, or withholds information or makes a material misstatement in an application for a license or renewal of a license.
(c) Order restitution against persons subject to this chapter for violations of this chapter.
(d) Impose fines on persons subject to this chapter pursuant to subsections (2), (3), and (4).
(e) Issue orders or directives under this chapter as follows:
(i) Order or direct persons subject to this chapter to cease and desist from conducting business, including immediate temporary orders to cease and desist.
(ii) Order or direct persons subject to this chapter to cease any harmful activities or violations of this chapter, including immediate temporary orders to cease and desist.
(iii) Enter immediate temporary orders to cease business under a license or interim license issued pursuant to the authority granted under Section 5-26-4(5) if the supervisor determines that such license was erroneously granted or the licensee is currently in violation of this chapter;
(iv) Order or direct such other affirmative action as the supervisor deems necessary.
(2) The supervisor may impose a civil penalty on a mortgage loan originator or person subject to this chapter, if the supervisor finds, on the record after notice and opportunity for hearing, that such mortgage loan originator or person subject to this chapter has violated or failed to comply with any requirement of this chapter or any regulation prescribed by the supervisor under this chapter or order issued under authority of this chapter.
(3) The maximum amount of penalty for each act or omission described in subsection (2) shall be twenty-five thousand dollars ($25,000).
(4) Each violation or failure to comply with any directive or order of the supervisor is a separate and distinct violation or failure.
(5) A violation of this chapter or any order, rule, regulation, or procedure does not affect the obligation of a borrower or other person under the terms of a mortgage loan or the enforceability of mortgage loan documents. No private cause of action is created by or exists under this chapter.