As used in this article, the following terms shall have the following meanings, respectively, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:
(1) SAVINGS INSTITUTION. A savings and loan association or savings bank organized under the laws of this state or organized under the laws of the United States and having its principal place of business in this state, whether a "capital stock saving institution" which is authorized to issue capital stock, or a "mutual savings institution," shares of which are owned by its members.
(2) RESULTING BANK. The state chartered bank that results from conversion of a savings institution to a state chartered bank pursuant to this article.
(3) SUPERINTENDENT. The Superintendent of Banks for the State of Alabama.
(4) STATE CHARTERED BANK. A bank the same as if such bank were incorporated, chartered and permitted to do business, all as provided in Section 5-5A-1 et seq.
(5) PLAN OF CONVERSION. That written document containing all the information and meeting the requirements as set forth in Section 5-7A-62(1).
(6) APPLICATION FOR CONVERSION. That written application, on a form to be prescribed by the superintendent, which is filed with the superintendent requesting approval of a plan of conversion.
(7) DEPARTMENT. The State Banking Department as provided for and created in Section 5-2A-1.