Section 6-6-180

Complaint to compel discovery, etc., of property - Execution for money not satisfied.

When an execution for money from any court has been issued against a defendant and is not satisfied, the plaintiff, or the person for whose benefit such execution is sued out, may file a complaint against such defendant to compel the discovery of any property belonging to him, or held in trust for him, and to prevent the transfer, payment or delivery thereof to such defendant, except when the trust has been created by, or proceeded from, some other person than the defendant himself; and the court may bring any other party before it and adjudge such property, or the interest of the defendant therein, to the satisfaction of the sum due the plaintiff.

(Code 1852, §2987; Code 1867, §3442; Code 1876, §3882; Code 1886, §3540; Code 1896, §814; Code 1907, §3735; Code 1923, §7338; Code 1940, T. 7, §893.)