Section 8-1-131

Money paid on illegal contract may be recovered.

Any money or thing paid or delivered to any person whether as principal, agent, or broker in furtherance or settlement of any contract made in violation of this article may be recovered in any action brought by the person paying the same, his wife, or child.

(Code 1907, §3353; Code 1923, §6820; Code 1940, T. 9, §34.)