(a) For a license for a going out of business sale or distress merchandise sale issued for 30 days or less, the applicant shall pay to the probate judge issuing the same, for the use and benefit of the State of Alabama, a license fee in accordance with the following schedule:
(1) $50 if inventory is $10,000 or less.
(2) $100 if inventory is over $10,000 but less than $25,000.
(3) $200 if inventory is over $25,000 but less than $50,000.
(4) $300 if inventory is over $50,000 but not over $100,000.
(5) $400 if inventory is over $100,000 but not over $200,000.
(6) $500 if inventory is over $200,000.
(b) For a license renewal of 30 days or less, the applicant shall pay an additional license fee of $100.
(c) The applicant shall also pay to the probate judge issuing the license an issuing fee of $25 for each license issued hereunder, and for each renewal of such license, if any, and for all costs of investigation and public hearing.