(a) The office may approve variations from the requirements of this article where it finds, as the result of a written request, that an emergency exists and that the proposed variations:
(1) Are reasonable and necessary.
(2) Will not hinder the effective administration of the article.
(3) Will not be contrary to any other applicable state or federal law.
(4) Will not cause injury to any person or damage to public or private property.
(5) Are ordered by a circuit or district court judge after a hearing upon the record of the finding of the office.
(b) The office shall establish a fee not to exceed $50 to be paid by each applicant requesting a variation.