(a) Nothing contained in this article shall apply to:
(1) Personnel of regular law enforcement agencies, military, or naval forces of the United States, or to the duly organized military force within the state, so long as these persons are acting within their respective official capacities and in the performance of official duties.
(2) The possession and storage of black powder, percussion caps, safety and pyrotechnic fuses, matches and friction primers, intended to be used solely for sporting, recreational, or cultural purposes in antique firearms, or antique devices as defined in Section 921(a)(16) of Title 18 of the United States Code.
(3) The possession and storage of smokeless powder, primers used for reloading rifles, or pistol cartridges, shot shells, percussion caps, and smokeless propellants intended for personal use.
(4) Coal mining.
(5) Public utilities.
(7) The use of explosives for occasional personal agricultural blasting or other noncommercial use of explosives.
(8) The use of explosives for blasting tree stumps for forest products production.
(9) The use of explosives for oil and gas exploration purposes.
(10) The occasional use of explosives in highway construction or maintenance.
(11) Persons engaged in the homebuilding industry, the home remodeling industry, or the plumbing industry, or any combination of these industries.