As used in this article, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
(1) AGENT. Any person authorized by the Department of Revenue to purchase and affix stamps on packages of cigarettes.
(2) CIGARETTE. Any of the following:
a. Any roll of tobacco wrapped in paper or in any substance not containing tobacco.
b. Any roll of tobacco wrapped in any substance containing tobacco which, because of its appearance, the type of tobacco used in the filler, or its packaging and labeling, is likely to be offered to, or purchased by, consumers as a cigarette described in paragraph a.
(3) MANUFACTURER. Any of the following:
a. Any entity which manufactures or otherwise produces cigarettes or causes cigarettes to be manufactured or produced anywhere that the manufacturer intends to be sold in this state, including cigarettes intended to be sold in the United States through an importer.
b. Any entity that becomes a successor of an entity described in paragraph a.
(4) QUALITY CONTROL AND QUALITY ASSURANCE PROGRAM. The laboratory procedures implemented to ensure that operator bias, systematic and nonsystematic methodological errors, and equipment-related problems do not affect the results of the testing. The program ensures that the testing repeatability remains within the required repeatability values stated in subdivision (6) of subsection (a) of Section 8-17-272 for all test trials used to certify cigarettes in accordance with this article.
(5) REPEATABILITY. The range of values within which the repeat results of cigarette test trials from a single laboratory will fall 95 percent of the time.
(6) RETAIL DEALER. Any person, other than a manufacturer or wholesale dealer, engaged in selling cigarettes or tobacco products.
(7) SALE. Any transfer of title or possession, or both, exchange or barter, conditional or otherwise, in any manner or by any means whatever or any agreement therefor. In addition to cash and credit sales, the giving of cigarettes as samples, prizes, or gifts, and the exchanging of cigarettes for any consideration other than money, are considered sales.
(8) SELL. To sell or to offer or agree to do the same.
(9) WHOLESALE DEALER. Any person, other than a manufacturer, who sells cigarettes or tobacco products to retail dealers or other persons for purposes of resale, and any person who owns, operates, or maintains one or more cigarette or tobacco product vending machines in, at, or upon premises owned or occupied by any other person.