As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the ascribed meanings unless the context indicates a different meaning:
(1) CONTINUING COMMERCIAL RELATIONSHIP. Any relationship in which the equipment dealer has been granted the right to sell and/or service equipment manufactured by the supplier.
(2) COST or NET COST. The actual price paid by the dealer to the manufacturer, distributor, or wholesaler, plus freight costs paid by or charged to the dealer.
(3) CURRENT NET PRICE. The dealer's price as listed in the supplier's effective price list and/or catalog.
(4) DEALER CONTRACT, DEALER AGREEMENT, or FRANCHISE. An agreement or contract, expressed or implied, oral or written, by and between a supplier and a dealer by which the dealer is granted the right to purchase, sell, distribute, and/or service the supplier's equipment, and in which there is a community of interest in the marketing of farm tractors, lawn and garden equipment, light industrial equipment, or services related thereto.
(5) EQUIPMENT. Machines designed for or adapted and used for agriculture, horticulture, irrigation for agriculture or horticulture, livestock, grazing, lawn and garden, and/or light industrial purposes.
(6) EQUIPMENT DEALER, TRACTOR DEALER, DEALER, LIGHT INDUSTRIAL DEALER, DEALERSHIP, EQUIPMENT DEALERSHIP. Any person, partnership, corporation, association, or other business entity engaged primarily in the business of selling, retailing, and/or leasing and servicing farm tractors, machines, implements, lawn and garden tractors and equipment, and light industrial tractors and equipment, along with attachments and related repair parts. This includes lawn and garden dealers or light industrial dealers that are not primarily engaged in the farm equipment business. This does not include persons or companies primarily engaged in the sales of heavy duty industrial tractors and equipment used in road construction or maintenance, or forestry equipment. This does not include persons primarily engaged in the auction sale of tractors and farm equipment and light industrial equipment nor dealers in exclusively used tractors, farm equipment, and light industrial equipment.
(7) GOOD CAUSE. Failure of the dealer to substantially comply with requirements of the dealer agreement, provided such requirements are not different from, nor enforced differently than those requirements imposed on other similarly situated dealers.
(8) INVENTORY. Tractors, farm implements, machinery, equipment, lawn and garden tractors and equipment, light industrial tractors and equipment, and repair parts held by the dealer.
(9) MANUFACTURER, DISTRIBUTOR, or WHOLESALER. Any person, company, or corporation who sells or distributes new tractors, lawn and garden equipment, and light industrial equipment to dealers or any branch or division, or any officer, agent, or representative thereof.
(10) RELEVANT MARKET AREA. The geographic area for which a dealer is assigned responsibility for selling or soliciting or advertising the sale of equipment under the terms of a franchise.
(11) SUPPLIER. The manufacturer, wholesaler, or distributor of the tractor, equipment, lawn and garden equipment, light industrial tractors and equipment, and/or repair parts to be sold by the dealer.
(12) TERMINATION. The termination, cancellation, nonrenewal, or noncontinuation of the contract or agreement.
(13) WRITTEN NOTICE. In addition to a delivered written notice, such notice shall include notice by any other accepted means including, but not limited to, notice by "electronic mail" or its equivalent.