The following terms shall have the following meanings:
(1) BURIAL MERCHANDISE. Any merchandise normally offered or sold by a cemetery for use in connection with the interment, entombment, or inurnment of human remains. This includes, but is not limited to, subterranean crypts, mausoleums, markers, and monuments, whether bronze or otherwise, bronze plaques and vases, mausoleum spaces to be constructed, cemetery spaces to be developed, and vaults, and also includes foundations or footings of any type.
(2) BURIAL RIGHT. The right to use a grave space, mausoleum, or columbarium for the interment, entombment, or inurnment of human remains.
(3) BURIAL SERVICE. Any service offered by a cemetery in connection with the interment, entombment, or inurnment of human remains as described in subdivision (1) of this section.
(4) CEMETERY. Any land or structure in this state dedicated to and used, or intended to be used, for interment of human remains. It may be either a burial park for earth interments, or a mausoleum for vault or crypt interments, or a combination of one or more thereof. The term shall not include governmentally owned cemeteries, fraternal cemeteries, church and synagogue cemeteries, or family burial plots.
(5) CEMETERY COMPANY. An individual, partnership, corporation, or association now or hereafter organized, owning or controlling cemetery lands or property and conducting the business of a cemetery.
(6) PERSON. An individual, a corporation, a partnership, an association, a joint stock company, a trust, or any unincorporated organization.
(7) SALE or SELL. Every contract of sale or disposition of cemetery property, burial right, burial lot, burial services, or burial merchandise for value. The term "offer to sell," "offer for sale," or "offer" shall include any attempt or offer to dispose of, or solicitation of an offer to buy, cemetery property, burial lots, burial rights, burial services, or burial merchandise for value. This definition shall not include wholesalers of burial merchandise.
(8) SALESPERSON. An individual employed or appointed or authorized by a cemetery or cemetery company to sell cemetery property, burial lots, burial rights, burial services, or any other right or thing of value in connection with the interment of human remains. The owner of a cemetery, the executive officers, and general partners of a cemetery company shall not be deemed to be salespersons within the meaning of this definition unless they are paid a commission for the sale of the property, lots, rights, merchandise, or services.