In this article, unless the context otherwise requires, the following terms shall have the meanings ascribed to them by this section:
(1) BANK. A bank, trust company, national banking association, savings bank, or industrial bank.
(2) BROKER. A person, including a bank, lawfully engaged in the business of effecting transactions in securities for the account of others and includes a broker lawfully engaged in buying and selling securities for his own account.
(3) ISSUER. A person who places, or authorizes the placing of, his name on a security other than as a transfer agent to evidence that it represents a share, participation, or other interest in his property or in an enterprise or to evidence his duty to perform an obligation evidenced by the security or who becomes responsible for or in place of any such person.
(4) PERSON. Such term includes a corporation, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership or association, two or more persons having a joint or common interest or any other legal or commercial entity.
(5) SECURITY. Such term includes any note, stock, treasury stock, bond, debenture, evidence of indebtedness or certificate of interest or participation in an oil, gas, or mining title or lease or in payment out of production under such a title or lease, collateral trust certificate, transferable share, voting trust certificate, or, in general, any interest or instrument commonly known as a security or any certificate, interest or participation in any temporary or interim certificate, receipt or certificate of deposit for, or any warrant or right to subscribe to or purchase, any of the foregoing.
(6) THIRD-PARTY. A person other than a bank, broker, transfer agent, or issuer who with respect to a security held by a minor effects a transaction otherwise than directly with the minor.
(7) TRANSFER AGENT. A person who acts as authenticating trustee, transfer agent, registrar, or other agent for an issuer in the registration of transfers of securities in the issue of new securities or in the cancellation of surrendered securities.