For the purposes of this chapter, the following words and phrases shall have the meanings indicated unless the context clearly indicates a different meaning:
(1) WATERSHED MANAGEMENT AUTHORITY. A governmental subdivision of this state and a public body, corporate and politic, organized in accordance with the provisions of this chapter for the purposes, with the powers and subject to the restrictions set forth in this chapter.
(2) DIRECTOR. One of the members of the governing body of a watershed management authority.
(3) AT LARGE DIRECTOR. A director of a watershed management authority who may reside within any county that lies within the boundaries of the watershed management authority.
(4) RESIDENT DIRECTOR. A director of a watershed management authority who, pursuant to the requirements of this chapter, must reside in a particular county.
(5) BOARD OF DIRECTORS. The governing body of a watershed management authority.
(6) BOARD OF SUPERVISORS. The governing body of the soil and water conservation district in which a watershed management authority is situated or, if the watershed management authority is situated in more than one soil and water conservation district, the joint governing bodies of such districts.
(7) DUE NOTICE. Notice published at least twice, with an interval of at least seven days between the two publication dates, in a newspaper or other publication of general circulation within the appropriate area or, if no such publication of general circulation is available, by posting notice in at least three public places in each county lying in whole or in part within the designated area. At any hearing held pursuant to such notice, at the time and place designated in such notice, adjournment may be made from time to time without the necessity of renewing such notice for such adjourned dates.
(8) SOIL AND WATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT. A governmental subdivision of this state and a public body corporate and politic organized in accordance with the provisions of Article 2 of Title 9, for the purposes, with the powers and subject to the restrictions, set forth in said article.
(9) STATE. The State of Alabama.