As used in this chapter, the following words shall have the following meanings:
(1) ADAPT. The Alabama Drought Assessment and Planning Team as created by this chapter.
(2) ADECA. The Alabama Department of Economic and Community Affairs.
(3) ADCNR COMMISSIONER. The Commissioner of the Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources.
(4) ADEM DIRECTOR. The Director of the Alabama Department of Environmental Management.
(5) AEMA DIRECTOR. The Director of the Alabama Emergency Management Agency.
(6) ALABAMA ADJUTANT GENERAL. The Commanding General of the Alabama National Guard.
(7) AGI COMMISSIONER. The Commissioner of the Alabama Department of Agriculture and Industries.
(8) COMMUNITY PUBLIC WATER SYSTEM. A public water system which serves at least 15 service connections used by year-round residents or regularly serves at least 25 year-round residents.
(9) DROUGHT CONSERVATION PLAN. A written plan that addresses graduated drought response procedures with implementation of specific measures based on drought severity. The drought conservation plan may be a separate plan or a component of a broader emergency response plan.
(10) DROUGHT DECLARATION. A written summary, issued by OWR, containing a description of drought conditions throughout the state.
(11) DROUGHT EMERGENCY. A written declaration by the Governor that drought conditions in all or any part of the state are of such severity that public health or safety is threatened.
(12) DROUGHT MONITOR. The assessment of drought conditions throughout the United States published weekly by the National Integrated Drought Information System (NIDIS) on the "drought.gov" domain or its successor.
(13) EMERGENCY ACTION PLAN. A written emergency response plan.
(14) MIG. The Monitoring and Impact Group Subcommittee of ADAPT as created by this chapter.
(15) MIG CHAIR. The Chair of the Monitoring and Impact Group Subcommittee as created by this chapter.
(16) OFFICE OF WATER RESOURCES DIVISION DIRECTOR. The Division Director of the Office of Water Resources.
(17) OFFICE OF WATER RESOURCES or OWR. The Alabama Office of Water Resources, a division of the Alabama Department of Economic and Community Affairs.
(18) STATE CLIMATOLOGIST. The State Climatologist of Alabama as appointed by the Governor and qualified to meet the roles and standards established by the American Association of State Climatologists as a Recognized State Climate Office.
(19) STATE FORESTER. The Director of the Alabama Forestry Commission.
(20) STATE GEOLOGIST. The Director of the Geological Survey of Alabama.